Singers sing in recording studios or for live audiences in a variety of settings. Many professional singers have the ability to perform in a variety of styles like rock, classical, jazz, country, opera, or hip-hop. Though you can hear professional singers on the radio, you can also be a professional singer in a Broadway play, sing for commercial jingles, or even entertain on cruise ships.
What it’s like:
- Singers perform a variety of music for recordings and live audiences
- Audition for positions in choruses, orchestras, bands, plays, and other types of music groups
- May play instruments along with singing
- Promote themselves through websites, photoshoots, social media, and interviews
- May choose to specialize in a particular vocal style like jazz or opera, while others perform in a variety of styles
- Some become background singers supporting a lead singer
- May act out a story by singing and may perform in different languages
- Sometimes write their own music to perform and record.
Choir Member, Gospel Singer, Musician, Opera Singer, Orchestra Musician, Percussionist, Singer, Singing Telegram Performer, Tenor, Vocalist