A customer service representative spends their days answering consumer questions, resolving complaints, and taking orders. They are the key public-facing part of a company, although more often than not, interaction is by phone, email, or live chat, rather than in person, and they frequently work for a business process outsourcing firm rather than directly for the company itself.
What it’s like:
- Interact with customers by telephone or email in order to provide information about products and services, take orders, or obtain details of complaints
- Fulfill orders received by email, fax, website, or other electronic data interchange
- Follow up on customer problems to ensure the correct solution was carried out
- Work in an open-plan call center setting
- Keep customer data secure
Account Representative, Call Center Representative, Client Services Representative, Customer Care Representative (CCR), Customer Service Agent, Customer Service Representative (Customer Service Rep), Customer Service Specialist, Member Services Representative, Sales Facilitator